Lustersheen Spirit Dyes
A ‘Non Grain Raising’ (NGR), spirit (alcohol) based wood dye.
Lustersheen spirit (alcohol) based wood dye offers exceptional depth of color on interior wood surfaces. Spirit dyes can be mixed with shellac based polishes to add further color between coats. Spirit dye is quick drying and easy to apply. The traditional wood stain for coloring dense hard woods and previously finished wood. Can be intermixed.
Sand the wooden substrate in stages, working with medium sandpaper (120 grit), through to a medium/ fine grade (180 -220 grit). Always sand in the direction of the grain pattern where possible, ensuring the removal of any blemishes and glue residue prior to the application of the dye. Take care to remove all traces of sanding dust and test the chosen dye on a similar substrate to verify color / shade. Stir the contents well and always check the shade before application.
Application: Use a clean, lint free cotton cloth or sponge and apply in the direction of the wood grain where possible. Take care to remove any excess stain immediately with a separate, clean absorbent cloth, again following the direction of the grain pattern. To obtain a uniform color, always wipe evenly, blending the stain over the whole surface area by exerting a degree of pressure when applying by hand. Leave to dry, and do not sand between coats. The application of additional coats will deepen the existing color / shade.
NOTES: When using the Spirit Dyes under waxes or shellac based polishes, it is recommended that shellac sanding sealer be used. This will prevent the reworking of the Spirit Dyes.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS CAN NOT BE USED AS A FINISHING COAT.
Directly onto bare or filled timber to enhance the grain. Can be used as a tint in shellac based products, such as French Polishes and Shellac Sanding Sealer . Can also be used to tint oil varnishes. May also be used as a shading or matching stain, in thin films between coat of polishes and varnishes.
- Method Of Application :Cloth, Sponge, Brush, Spray or Rag.
- Coverage :10 -12 sq/m per liter. (depending on substrate and method of application)
- Drying Time: (TOUCH) :2 – 5 minutes. Dry Time: 30 – 40 minutes at room temperature.
- RECOAT : 60 minutes ; further coats will deepen color / shade
- Flash Point :Below 22 degrees centigrade.
- Thinners : Methylated Spirits .
- Recommended for use on: Fine Furniture, Doors, Floors, Cabinet Work and Paneling.
- Finish :Matt (must be overcoated).
- V.O.C. Level. :76gms/liter.
- Finish with a coat of wax polish to further protect and enhance the natural beauty of your wood.
- Packaging: 250 ml
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SHEET IS TO THE BEST OF OUR KNOWLEDGE CORRECT. ALL ADVICE, WHETHER VERBAL, IN WRITING OR BY WAY OF TRAILS IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH WITHOUT WARRANTY.